On August 27, 2015 the NLRB expanded its joint-employer test, which union supporters hope will apply to franchising. See January 2015 WaronFranchising.com blog entry for background. In a 3-2 decision on partisan lines, the NLRB ruled that Browning-Ferris was a joint employer of workers employed by an independent...
Gary R. Duvall
Subscribe by Email
- California Franchise Relations Act
- Consumer Privacy Compliance Practices by Franchisees
- Data Breach
- Discriminatory Work Scheduling Restrictions
- How Franchisors can Avoid Liability under NLRB Labor Law
- How to Avoid Employer Liability to Franchisee’s Employees
- NLRB Joint Employer Ruling
This blog is not legal advice, but contains general information not applicable to specific matters. We are not acting as your legal counsel unless separately retained in a written agreement signed by us.